Thursday 5 June 2014

HAIR MAYONNAISE REVIEW





I went to the hair supply store and purchased Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise because I heard from a Face Book Friend that Mayonnaise is great for moisturizing and strengthening hair. He suggested I whip up a batch of hair mayo myself, but I wasn’t really interested in that, so I bought some.
I paid R50.00 for it at Clicks, Rynfield and it’s a good deal for a pretty big tub. The product claims its good a Treatment for damaged hair, Moisturizes and strengthens, and Provides incredible body and shine.
This product is a rich blend of botanical extracts and herbs have joined forces with whole egg protein and olive oil to restore and renew dry, damaged hair.
The directions:
•Shampoo hair with Organic Root Stimulator Uplifting Shampoo. Rinse thoroughly and towel blot.
•Place Hair Mayonnaise into palm of hand. Rub hands together and gently massage into hair. Comb hair to ensure even coverage of hair shaft.
•Cover hair with plastic cap and let process under a warm dryer for 15 minutes.
•Rinse hair thoroughly with warm water and proceed with styling.

My Review
I loved this product! After the first use I saw an immediate difference in the softness of my hair.
With natural hair you have to deep condition it often because it needs lots of moisture. I didn’t shampoo my hair because my Shampoo Day is Friday/Saturday, so I applied Olive oil to my hair, then did a conditioning wash (co-wash) then I applied the mayo to my hair. I put a cap on and rinsed out after about 20 minutes.
While I was rinsing it out of my hair I could feel a dramatic difference in the texture of my hair. It didn’t feel like the past 2 nights I’ve done my co wash. After rinsing it out of my hair, I applied my oil mixture to my hair and massaged it into my scalp and rubbed it through my hair. I put on my satin bonnet and I let my hair air dry during my sleep because everyone says “Heat is bad for your hair”. I woke up this morning and my hair didn’t feel rough and dry like it has the past two nights. 
It’s definitely something I will use multiple times a week to continue strengthening and moisturizing my hair.
If you have used this product, let me know what you thought.
If you haven’t used this product, it’s worth a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment